Among the largest blue-leaved hostas, ‘Blue Angel’ (Plantain Lily) is an outstanding perennial forming a gracefully cascading mound of thick, heavily textured, widely oval to wedge-shaped, dark blue-gray to blue-green leaves, 16 in. long (40 cm), with prominent veins slightly ribbed. Dense racemes of long-lasting, funnel-shaped, palest lavender to white blooms appear in summer, rising on scapes 48 in. tall (120 cm). A popular choice, ‘Blue Angel’ is regarded among the best large, blue-leaved hostas for warm climates. It tolerates quite dry soils when established. A wonderfully good background plant and a favorite among gardeners, but less so with slugs!
- Easy grower, Hosta ‘Blue Angel’ grows 36 in. tall (90 cm) and spreads 71 in. (178 cm).
- Recipient of the prestigious Award of Garden Merit of the Royal Horticultural Society
- A part shade to full shade lover, it is best grown in rich, moist, well-drained soils. Tolerates morning sun (except in hot climate areas).
- Perfect for the shade gardens, mixed with other perennials, as groundcover, underplanting shrubs.
- Watch for slugs and snails which could damage the attractive foliage.
- Cut off the stems after blooming to encourage the plant’s growth. Discolored leaves should be trimmed back to the ground.
Please disregard the image until we can get a better one, the foliage is blueish colourings.
All prices include secure mail-order custom packaging,
Parcel Tracking and GST