Book – Complete Hydrangeas. Hydrangeas have so many winning attributes, it’s hard
to imagine an easier group of plants to grow, or any other flowering
shrubs capable of providing vibrant color for so long a season”
-from the Introduction
The large number of hydrangea cultivars developed in recent years has
done much to increase their popularity across North America. Gardeners
in colder regions, who could not grow these brilliant bloomers, now have
many choices available. Today there are new super-hardy, dwarf and
compact varieties; new colors; and new forms of these satisfying plants.
Glyn Church celebrates these developments in this comprehensive guide. Illustrated with lush color photographs on every page, Complete Hydrangeas features:
- More than 230 recommended clones, cultivars and related plants
- The latest developments in hybridization
- Planting, pruning, pests and propagation
- Choosing the best plant for the location
- Special advice on growing red, pink and blue blooms
- Using hydrangeas in garden design
- Companion plantings
- Growing in containers
- Caring for cut blooms, and enjoying hydrangeas in the home.
The author’s advice, guidance and enthusiasm will have readers enjoying these show-stopping blooms in their own gardens.
Dimensions: 25.76 x 20.57 x 1.32 centimeters (0.57 kg).
Paperback / softback, 144 pages
Prices include secure individual mail order packaging & GST