Dichroa febrifuga ‘Blue / Pink Cap’ (hydrangeaceae family) a rare and evergreen, Hydrangea-like shrub native to parts of China and south-east Asia, Dichroa febrifuga has blue/pink (Depending on soil pH) flowers in summer followed by dark blue berries later in autumn. The leaves are large and dark green in colour. Dichroa febrifuga requires a sheltered position in
sun or light shade and grows to be a small attactive garden shrub with quite pretty bright flowers.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Flower Colour: Blue or pink. Sometimes combined.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Dichroa febrifuga grows to be a small or eventually medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 1.8 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)